Congratulations to Homestead ARB's recent annual award winners!
Awards were presented here during the 15h Annual Awards Banquet, sponsored by the Homestead/Florida City Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Committee, April 5, 2014.
Winners of the 2013 Homestead Air Reserve Base Annual Awards from left, Master Sgt. Phillip Powell, 482nd Force Support Squadron; Senior Master Sgt. Thomas Cougill, 482nd Security Forces Squadron; Senior Airman Eddy Perez, 482nd Mission Support Group; Staff Sgt. Jose Gonzalez, 482nd Civil Engineering Squadron; Mr. John Bosco, 482nd Communications Squadron; Spc. Giovanni Barahona, Special Operations Command South; Tech. Sgt. Robert Gresham, Det. 1, 125th Fighter Wing, Florida Air National Guard; Mr. Robert Gaddis, Special Operations Command South; and Petty Officer 2nd Class Jesse Gutierrez, U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Aja Heiden)
Military Affairs Committee holds 15th annual awards banquet
by Senior Airman Aja Heiden
482nd Fighter Wing Public Affairs
The night was capped off by remarks from 482nd FW commander and host, Col. Chris Funk, who congratulated the award winners and nominees and thanked the MAC, award presenters and sponsors for their support of the event and Homestead ARB.
The MAC has supported the military mission and military quality of life for over 43 years, and the awards banquet is just one event of many the committee works to put together. The MAC is comprised of up to 50 civic and local leaders who meet monthly to discuss issues relating to the civilian-military relationship, according to their mission statement.
Below is the complete list of 2013 annual award winners, category and unit.
- 482nd FW Airman: Senior Airman Eddy Perez, 482nd Mission Support Group
- 482nd FW Noncommissioned Officer: Staff Sgt. Jose Gonzalez, 482nd Civil Engineering Squadron
- 482nd FW Senior Noncommissioned Officer: Master Sgt. Phillip Powell, 482nd Force Support Squadron
- 482nd FW Company Grade Officer: Capt. Robert Lax, 482nd Operations Support Squadron
- 482nd FW First Sergeant: Senior Master Sgt. Thomas Cougill, 482nd Security Forces Squadron
- 482nd FW Civilian, Category I: Mr. Eddy Perez, 482nd Mission Support Group
- 482nd FW Civilian, Cat II: Mr. John Bosco, 482nd Communications Squadron
- 482nd FW Civilian, Cat III: Mr. Christopher Collins, 482nd Operations Support Squadron
- Air Defense Warrior: Tech. Sgt. Robert Gresham, Det. 1, 125th Fighter Wing, Florida Air National Guard
- U.S. Coast Guard Sailor of the Year: Petty Officer 2nd Class Jesse Gutierrez
- Special Operations Command South Military Member: Spc. Giovanni Barahona
- Special Operations Command South Civilian Member: Mr. Robert Gaddis
About the Military AffairsCommittee
The Homestead - Florida City Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is a committee of the Homestead - Florida City Chamber of Commerce and has proudly supported the military mission and military quality of life for over forty-three years. The Charter of the Military Affairs Committee is to assist military units within the Chamber's area to meet their mission and goals, promote understanding between the civilian and military communities, enhance the quality of life for our military and their families, and to support - as practical - other military units in DadeCounty area.
This support was focused on Homestead Air Force Base through 1992, and now Homestead Air Reserve Base (482d Fighter Wing) and its joint missions. These diverse missions now include not only the 482nd Fighter Wing's F-16 mission, but the Florida Air National Guard's sovereign air defense mission, Special Operations Command South, USCG Maritime Safety & Security Team Miami 91114, US Customs & Border Patrol, Florida Army Guard's 50th Area Support Group, and various temporary missions assigned to the base.
Comprised of up to fifty civic and local leaders, the Military Affairs Committee meets monthly to discuss issues relating to the civilian-military relationship.
For membership information or to attend one of our monthly luncheons, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the Homestead Military Affairs Committee Website click here.